Sunday, November 15, 2015

Everything Has Changed...




Love this song.  That is all.

No, it's not all, of course it's not, you know me, I always have something to tell you!



There's this - it's autumn, sort of 'all of a sudden'.  (There seem to be a lot of things happening 'all of a sudden' around here, I have no idea what's going on, I feel partly 'more like myself than I've ever felt', and partly 'like I hardly recognise this more assertive version of me').

The tree outside my window is still lovely, but you can see how sparse it's become in the week since I took the coffee cup picture!  The weather changed, the wind got up, and the leaves are on the ground.

Today was a beautiful day, dry, breezy but not too cold, just cold enough to justify hand knit gloves - perfect!  There was time for a quick post-knitting-class trip to Perrigo Park to blow out a few cobwebs, and then home to get dinner and chores started.  And now the sun is setting, the beef is roasting for dinner, laundry is doing itself, and I have a little time for this... 

Yup, it's cast on a new project day, and I'm excited about this one.  It's a test knit for the lovely Pamelamama, brioche stitch, autumn colours, soft squishy knitting - what's not to like?  

These are my colours....


all my favourites - Black Trillium, Madelinetosh, Malabrigo - yum!!!!  The end colour is a fabulous cocoa brown that the camera just isn't capturing, but maybe in daylight I will be able to do it justice...

We'll see, you might even be lucky to get a progress report, or a picture of the finished piece... sometimes I do blog more than once a year!  



No comments:

Post a Comment