Monday, October 10, 2011

Wait Five Minutes....

Everywhere we have lived in America, we have received the same advice - if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes and it will change. 

This morning, it was grey, chilly, rainy, what you might call 'typical' for the Pacific Northwest in October, and I was wishing that the Aga was just a little closer to warming up the house.  Although, it has to be said - this

Insulation - a modern invention not used when this house was originally built in 1978! 


is really helping quite a bit already. 

It's lunchtime now, and the rain is gone, the sun is shining, and it's a really pretty day.  The leaves are starting to turn, the girls are settled into school, and it looks like it's my turn to get a project underway.  I have plans, but I can't write about them just yet - my family are still reading the blog.  Once the novelty wears off and they get busy with other things, I'll tell you all about it!  ;-) 

The kitchen is coming along really fast - Bri put in two long days out there over the weekend, and we now have insulation, drywall, and the first coat of mud up on the wall behind the Aga.  There'll be a lot of mudding and sanding this week, and hopefully paint by the weekend!  The kitchen is a mess, a good proportion of it is behind plastic sheeting, the remainder is housing all the dishes and cookware that used to be in the cabinets that we pulled out last weekend, it's a difficult place to make food right now...but I'm thinking that if I wait for a metaphorical 'five minutes' it'll all change, just like the weather. 

Here's what I'm working on today -



I wonder what's for dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment