Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Challenge A Day...

For the last 4 weeks I've been posting a daily challenge on Ravelry, in my favourite group, where we try to knit predominantly from the yarns we already own, rather than buying yet more lovelies for our ever-growing collections.  Most of our conversations revolve around yarn, fiber, patterns, techniques, tools, etc but we have one conversation going where we talk about the rest of our lives, our health, our homes, our lifestyles. 

My daily challenges have been met with various levels of energy and enthusiasm, obviously the 'one size fits all' style of this sort of thing doesn't always gel with everyone's plan, and sometimes people have already done the thing that I lay out for the day.  I've noticed, reflecting on the month, however, that I don't do the challenges every day myself. 

And that needs to change. 

So, here, I'm going to record the challenges each day, and tell you what I did for that challenge, on that day. 

Today, the challenge was to makeover dinner by changing one or more of the ingredients to make it more healthy.  I roasted a piece of pork, with no oil and no salt, and then shredded it and served it with wholegrain pasta baked in tomato sauce (no added salt) and mixed steamed vegetables that were supposed to be served in a pesto, but I just remembered that part, and it's a little late now!  ;-)  

Tomorrow's challenge is to take my camera for a walk and take a picture of something while I'm out - I'll let you know how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment