Monday, April 16, 2012

Ouch!

Yesterday we went on a date!  It was wonderful!  We drove down to a dealership and took a really cute little Mazda MX5 for a spin.  The sun was shining, the sky was blue, it felt great to be out and about together, just us two, and when I slipped off the heel of my slip-on shoe, I thought nothing of it.

Until this morning.

I woke up a couple of times in the night, feeling like I had a cramp in my foot, turned over, went back to sleep.  Sort of.

This morning it hurt to put my foot on the floor, it hurt to flex it, and it hurt to keep it still.

I called the docs office, who said that I could come right away, they had an appointment free in 15 minutes.  The irony of 'hurrying' to make that appointment with a sore foot was not lost on me as I hobbled across the parking lot.

I've torn ligaments, down the outside of my right foot, so I have 2 weeks of ice and gentle flexing to hobble through and it should be better.

If Caitlin wasn't already in physical therapy for her knee, and Becca hadn't walked into a table yesterday and messed up HER knee, this might not be quite such a pain!

However - there's a LOT of knitting time in my future, I've already finished one piece!

 and later in the day, sick of my ice pack slipping off the side of my foot - I made myself one of these - a little foot warmer with a pocket to stick the ice pack in - perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment